Barclays is reportedly anticipating “imminent” support for Apple Pay when the service launches in the UK, expected to be this week. “It remains unclear if Barclays will be a first wave launch partner because of its delayed negotiations,” MacRumors reports. Barclays was a notable absence from the list of supporting banks when Apple announced it would expand the mobile payment service.
- Most UK retailers say strong customer authentication is not a key concern for post-pandemic recovery
- Kazakhstan to pilot central bank digital currency
- German supermarket to trial anonymous checkout-free shopping
- Singapore university to pilot virtual commercial payment card
- Visa switches on Apple Pay support in Japan
This article is more than five years old