Barclays is reportedly anticipating “imminent” support for Apple Pay when the service launches in the UK, expected to be this week. “It remains unclear if Barclays will be a first wave launch partner because of its delayed negotiations,” MacRumors reports. Barclays was a notable absence from the list of supporting banks when Apple announced it would expand the mobile payment service.
- EU banks plot pan-European rival to Visa and Mastercard
- EU antitrust chief examines Apple Pay
- DressCode ships contactless payments shirts
- Mastercard partners with Tappy Technologies for wearable payments in Asia
- PayPal and Venmo to move into in-store payments ‘next year’