Barclays is reportedly anticipating “imminent” support for Apple Pay when the service launches in the UK, expected to be this week. “It remains unclear if Barclays will be a first wave launch partner because of its delayed negotiations,” MacRumors reports. Barclays was a notable absence from the list of supporting banks when Apple announced it would expand the mobile payment service.
- Pax Technology partners with Dejamobile to let merchants accept contactless payments on NFC devices
- Survey: ‘Growing number’ of Europeans support creation of national digital currencies independently of EU
- Google Pay to go live in Israel this year?
- Nearly two-thirds of UK consumers would now prefer to make card payments from a mobile wallet
- DBS Bank lets Singapore customers self-manage card security options in real time
This article is more than six years old