Shoppers making online mobile payments using an iPhone have an average transaction value (ATV) of £54 compared to Android users with £49, Adyen’s 2015 Q2 Mobile Payments Index reveals. Smartphones now account for 64.1% of browser-based mobile transactions, up from 61% in Q1, with the use of tablets dropping from 38% to 35.9%. iPhone devices are now used for 10% of all global online transactions.
- Nine in ten UK in-store card payments are now contactless
- EU to debut digital euro project this year?
- One in three Indian households now use digital payments
- China unveils plan to build a global payment network based on central bank digital currencies
- BBC Click showcases Tappy’s wearable contactless payments technology
This article is more than five years old