Dutch mobile order and payment provider MyOrder is to add virtual cards based on host card emulation (HCE) issued by German payments technology provider Wirecard to its app later this year, which will let users make in-store payments at any terminal that accepts Maestro contactless. The service lets users order and pay in advance using their smartphone at more than 14,500 participating retailers in the Netherlands.
- NFCW Expo online exhibition opens 21 September
- Vanquis leverages open banking to let credit-building customers pay off balances instantly
- Bahamas to roll out central bank digital currency nationwide
- Jacksonville Jaguars add QR payments to mobile ticketing app
- Titan and SBI pick Tappy wearable payments technology for India’s first contactless payment watches
- Malaysian bank rolls out contactless card acceptance on standard NFC phones
This article is more than five years old