French NFC device maker Famoco has secured €4m in a financing round led by Hi Inov. “Famoco will allocate a significant portion of its funding to R&D but also to international expansion, particularly in emerging countries and in the US market in the medium term,” the company says, after selling 10,000 terminals in 2014, with 60% of sales outside of France. Famoco unveiled its B2B Android NFC device in 2013.
- NFC Forum spec adds support for extra-small antennas for NFC wireless charging
- Rémy Cointreau uses NFC tags to let purchasers verify ownership of exclusive cognac decanter
- US PPE provider authenticates face masks with NFC
- French fashion house uses NFC to link garments to unique digital NFT assets
- ST launches advisory service for brands looking to adopt NFC
This article is more than six years old