Apple has reportedly held meetings with Korean financial institutions, including Hana Financial Group, as it looks to launch Apple Pay in the country. “We recently had a private meeting with Apple, and there are some problems that need to be solved,” a card company executive told ET News, adding that issues around tokenization and “commission problems” need to be addressed.
- Report: EU antitrust investigators are examining Apple Pay
- EBA sets new Strong Customer Authentication deadline
- Samsung begins global rollout of mobile POS app that lets merchants accept payments on standard Android phones
- Facebook loses Libra cryptocurrency backers
- Royal Mint produces solid gold payment card