Forty bars and nightclubs across the Australian city of Adelaide have installed Bluetooth beacons to track visitor attendance and push offers to passers-by using a platform provided by startup Little Birdy. “Venues can currently only track attendance numbers, but will soon be able to look at things like age and gender demographics, entry and exit times, and the duration of the average stay,” Startup Daily reports.
- Utah to pilot NFC and QR code-enabled mobile driving licences
- Patent shows how Apple Pay could automatically select a card based on the user’s location
- Turkey mandates use of NFC identity checks for remote bank account opening
- Ypsomed leverages NFC to enable remote monitoring of insulin delivery compliance
- Visa reports 1bn extra contactless transactions in Europe since payment limit rises
This article is more than five years old