Forty bars and nightclubs across the Australian city of Adelaide have installed Bluetooth beacons to track visitor attendance and push offers to passers-by using a platform provided by startup Little Birdy. “Venues can currently only track attendance numbers, but will soon be able to look at things like age and gender demographics, entry and exit times, and the duration of the average stay,” Startup Daily reports.
- CBA: 80% of digital wallet payments in Australia made from Apple devices
- Aldi tests checkout-free technology at London store
- Apple to let users add digital Covid-19 vaccination records in Apple Wallet
- Apple adds rotating security codes for Apple Card in iOS 15
- Dallas adds bank card and digital wallet payments to contactless transit ticketing system
This article is more than six years old