Vehicles taking part in British motor sports event The Broadmoor Pikes Peak International Hill Climb (PPIHC) will send notifications about section times, racer profiles, course map details and videos to a visitor’s smartphone using beacons supplied by KS Technologies. “Users of the iOS app will receive a notification whenever they are near any participating vehicle,” PPIHC says. The PPIHC app is also available for Apple Watch.
- Swedish sportswear brand adds NFC zippers to enhance customer engagement
- Unspent stored value on Starbucks prepaid cards nears US$1.63bn
- Strasbourg rolls out interoperable NFC ticketing for all Android devices
- Australian public hearing considers case for regulatory controls to ensure payment apps get access to smartphone NFC technology
- Santa Barbara gets fare capped open loop contactless ticketing as California rollout expands
This article is more than six years old