Starbucks has rolled out its Mobile Order & Pay service to 21 more states in the southern and central United States. The coffee chain launched the first in Portland, Oregon in December 2014 before expanding to 650 additional locations in March this year.
- ExxonMobil to combine NFC and QR mobile payments at the pump
- BBVA begins global rollout of mobile-first credit cards
- Visa lets merchants in 15 countries accept contactless payments on standard NFC phones
- Shenzhen residents spend nearly 9m digital yuan during CBDC pilot
- Six in ten US merchants now accept contactless payments
This article is more than five years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday