The Groninger Museum in the Netherlands has deployed beacons to send information about its exhibitions directly to a visitor’s smartphone running the museum’s mobile app, developed by startup Tapme Media. The implementation follows a successful pilot of the technology that lasted for a year. “It’s a fantastic addition to our presentation,” says the museum’s Andreas Blühm.
- Shenzhen residents spend nearly 9m digital yuan during CBDC pilot
- Six in ten US merchants now accept contactless payments
- Kazakhstan to roll out face recognition transit ticketing in 2021
- Pizza maker teams up with delivery service to let robots make and deliver orders to the door
- University of New Mexico uses campus ID cards to combat spread of Covid-19
This article is more than five years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday