The Groninger Museum in the Netherlands has deployed beacons to send information about its exhibitions directly to a visitor’s smartphone running the museum’s mobile app, developed by startup Tapme Media. The implementation follows a successful pilot of the technology that lasted for a year. “It’s a fantastic addition to our presentation,” says the museum’s Andreas Blühm.
- Fidesmo Pay expands to Switzerland
- Sofia rolls out single journey QR mobile tickets across public transportation network
- Mobile wallet transaction volumes overtake cash payments in stores
- National QR payments and rewards system to be launched in Australia
- Huawei Pay goes live in Pakistan
This article is more than five years old