MasterCard is to extend its tokenization services to merchants with in-app, ecommerce and recurring billing card-on-file programs as well as to private label credit cards. The move follows the expansion of Apple Pay to include store-branded debit, credit and loyalty cards. The tokenization services will be available to US and Canadian merchants later this year and will expand across all MasterCard Digital Enablement Service (MDES) markets.
- Coffee shop rolls out face-based payments in Romania
- Manchester bar to introduce finger vein biometrics for payments, age verification and Covid-19 contact tracing
- Three in four US consumers now prefer using contactless cards
- Citadele adds support for contactless payments rings
- Mercedes to secure in-car payments with biometrics
This article is more than five years old