Transport for London (TfL) is now processing 1.2m open loop contactless payment transactions every day and is seeing 18,000 new contactless payment cards on a daily basis, with a total of 4m now in use. “We have reached over 100m contactless journeys since it launched across transport in London in September 2014,” the transport operator confirmed to NFC World, up from a total of 12m contactless journeys as of November last year.
- Denver adds support for Transit in-app ticketing
- Guangzhou Metro pilots facial recognition at ticket barriers
- Ankara adds NFC transit ticketing on buses, subways and local trains
- JR East introduces loyalty points for transit ticketing payments
- Detroit rolls out multi-operator transit ticketing app