More than 1bn consumers globally will be accessing banking services through biometric systems by 2017 and biometrics will become the predominant method of identification for accessing bank services by 2020, Goode Intelligence predicts. “We are forecasting that by 2020, it will contribute US$5.5bn in revenue for companies involved in delivering biometric systems to the banking industry,” the company adds.
- Colombia to let citizens use digital ID for contactless cross-border travel in South America
- Nike and Rtfkt use NFC to link physical clothing with NFTs
- More than 34m merchants worldwide to accept contactless payments on NFC smartphones by 2027
- France lets citizens add a digital version of their health insurance card to their smartphone
- Finland to pilot digital passports for contactless cross-border travel
This article is more than seven years old