LG’s next flagship smartphone, the LG G5, will reportedly come equipped with an iris scanner and recognition technology developed by Korea-based biometrics provider Irience. “It is expected that the iris scanner will enable LG G5 users to use a wide variety of biometric technologies on the market,” Whowired Korea reports. “In particular, the feature will strengthen the security in the mobile banking transactions.”
- Two in three consumers worldwide say Covid-19 has permanently changed the way they pay
- Pax Technology partners with Dejamobile to let merchants accept contactless payments on NFC devices
- Chinese bike hire service to let customers use an NFC digital currency wallet to pay for their ride
- Survey: ‘Growing number’ of Europeans support creation of national digital currencies independently of EU
- Google Pay to go live in Israel this year?
This article is more than six years old