Samsung has filed a patent in the United States that reveals a touch-free fingerprint recognition system, using a device’s camera and matching the fingerprint to a stored image. “The present invention relates … more particularly to a method of recognising a contactless fingerprint using an electronic device configured to display a guide screen on a display of the electronic device,” the patent explains.
- UBS leverages NFC and biometrics to let Swiss residents open a bank account from their mobile phone
- Apply now to speak at NFCW’s Contactless Payments Summit
- Cilab’s ci230 selected by Dekra for NFC wireless charging certification
- Octopus lets iPhone users personalise their digital transit card
- Increasing adoption of NFC, QR codes and biometrics drives growth across cardless ATM market
This article is more than seven years old