PARTNER NEWS: In a blog published today, tokenization specialist Bell ID outlines the differences between Google’s Android Pay, Apple Pay and Samsung Pay, and discusses what the NFC service means for banks. “Will Android Pay dominate the market for mobile payments and go head to head with Apple Pay? Currently, it is looking unlikely,” writes Bell ID’s Martin Cox.
- Shenzhen residents spend nearly 9m digital yuan during CBDC pilot
- Six in ten US merchants now accept contactless payments
- Pizza maker teams up with delivery service to let robots make and deliver orders to the door
- TreeCard launches wooden contactless debit card
- Estonian fuel station installs self-service payments system that replaces need for physical card readers
This article is more than five years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday