Apple is preparing to unveil enhancements to Apple Pay that will include the launch of a rewards program for the mobile payments service, according to reports. “People familiar with Apple Pay said that, next month, Apple will announce such a program offering perks to consumers who make purchases with the service, though they declined to reveal details,” the New York Times says. It also quotes inside sources confirming that Android Pay and a new Google Wallet will be announced at Google’s I/O developer conference today.
- Revolut lets customers pre-authenticate their contactless card as they approach the SCA transaction limit
- Accenture issues $280bn payments revenue warning to banks
- Monzo to use app notifications to address Strong Customer Authentication communications issues
- Apple expands 3% cashback network for Apple Card holders to Walgreens and Duane Reede stores
- PepsiCo unveils customer loyalty programme that delivers cashback rewards to PayPal and Venmo accounts