Apple is preparing to unveil enhancements to Apple Pay that will include the launch of a rewards program for the mobile payments service, according to reports. “People familiar with Apple Pay said that, next month, Apple will announce such a program offering perks to consumers who make purchases with the service, though they declined to reveal details,” the New York Times says. It also quotes inside sources confirming that Android Pay and a new Google Wallet will be announced at Google’s I/O developer conference today.
- Most UK retailers say strong customer authentication is not a key concern for post-pandemic recovery
- Kazakhstan to pilot central bank digital currency
- German supermarket to trial anonymous checkout-free shopping
- Singapore university to pilot virtual commercial payment card
- Visa switches on Apple Pay support in Japan
This article is more than five years old