Apple has reportedly been in acquisition talks with troubled mobile payments startup Clinkle amidst claims that seven of the company’s staff quit their roles last week following frustration with CEO Lucas Duplan. “This is only the latest bad news after years of ridicule for its massive $30m funding round despite lacking a publicly available product, and highly critical reports of Duplan’s leadership through repeated layoffs at Clinkle,” TechCrunch reports.
- PicWicToys lets shoppers skip the checkout lines
- Chinese banks and carriers to pilot central bank digital currency
- Danish office workers pilot face recognition payments
- Canadian credit unions add Google Pay support for domestic debit cards
- One in three Canadians make mobile contactless payments ‘on a regular basis’