US grocery chain Trader Joe’s is reportedly gearing up to begin accepting Apple Pay NFC payments in its stores. “Kiosks at Trader Joe’s checkout counters have been seeing upgrades in recent weeks and months to VeriFone touchscreen machines,” AppleInsider reports. “Some of these payment terminals already advertise that they accept Apple Pay.” Trader Joe’s has more than 400 locations across the country.
- Apple Pay users in the US to get buy now pay later option with iOS 16
- BIS reports on CBDCs in emerging markets
- Moroccan bank launches biometric payment card
- US digital bank introduces contactless payments rings
- Riksbank completes digital currency payments pilot