US grocery chain Trader Joe’s is reportedly gearing up to begin accepting Apple Pay NFC payments in its stores. “Kiosks at Trader Joe’s checkout counters have been seeing upgrades in recent weeks and months to VeriFone touchscreen machines,” AppleInsider reports. “Some of these payment terminals already advertise that they accept Apple Pay.” Trader Joe’s has more than 400 locations across the country.
- Digital greeting cards giant Evite adds contactless gifting
- UBS launches sustainable credit card made from corn
- OP Financial to pilot biometric payment card in Finland
- Stocard rolls out mobile payments service in four more European countries
- Nordic countries record surge in contactless payments during pandemic
This article is more than five years old