US grocery chain Trader Joe’s is reportedly gearing up to begin accepting Apple Pay NFC payments in its stores. “Kiosks at Trader Joe’s checkout counters have been seeing upgrades in recent weeks and months to VeriFone touchscreen machines,” AppleInsider reports. “Some of these payment terminals already advertise that they accept Apple Pay.” Trader Joe’s has more than 400 locations across the country.
- Mercedes-Benz and BP pilot in-truck fuel payments in the UK
- Credit Libanais to trial biometric payment cards
- China puts pressure on McDonald’s, Visa and Nike to accept digital yuan
- Schools in Scotland let students make contactless meal payments with their face
- Tesco opens its first checkout-free store in London
This article is more than six years old