Samsung will build NXP’s SmartMX P61N1M3 embedded secure element into versions of its Galaxy S6 destined for China, where it will be used in the Samsung Pay NFC mobile payments service. The phone maker has previously also used Oberthur’s Pearl secure element in other versions of the flagship smartphone.
- Utah to pilot NFC and QR code-enabled mobile driving licences
- Turkey mandates use of NFC identity checks for remote bank account opening
- Ypsomed leverages NFC to enable remote monitoring of insulin delivery compliance
- NFC-enabled smart bandage aids healing, could detect Covid-19 symptoms, researchers say
- Developers adopt NFC tags to encourage plastic recycling
This article is more than five years old