eBay will be prevented from setting up its own payments company when it spins off PayPal to operate as a standalone business later this year, an SEC filing has revealed. An operating agreement which will remain in effect for six years will allow eBay to offer customers alternative payment providers as long as the company ensures that roughly 80% of its sales continue to be routed through PayPal.
- Financial Conduct Authority to add new protections for consumers’ funds
- Interac reports surge in digital payments adoption
- Bitkom reports major switch in German attitudes to contactless payments
- Swedish government regulates online payment options
- Tappy demo shows how brands can add contactless payments to wearables
This article is more than five years old