Travellers in Spain’s capital will be able to use their NFC phones to pass through ticket barriers as Madrid’s public transport system tests NFC ticketing. The SIM-based NFC trial will see owners of Samsung Galaxy phones with Telefonica SIMs being able to register payment cards and buy tickets direct from their handsets. Madrid ran an NFC bus ticketing trial with BankInter in 2010.
- Garmin lets Japanese commuters add Suica transit cards to smart wearables
- Bangalore buses to go cashless post-lockdown
- Costa Rica to introduce national NFC and QR transit ticketing system
- NJ Transit pilots contactless ticket vending machines
- MBTA redesigns its new ticketing system ‘to adapt to future needs’
This article is more than five years old