Niemann Foods has installed a Bluetooth beacon marketing platform provided by Birdzi in eight of its County Market stores and plans to roll out the solution to all its 45 County Market locations in Iowa, Illinois and Missouri in the coming months. Grocery retailer Woodman’s Foods is also rolling out the platform across its 15 stores following a successful pilot in one location in 2014.
- Mercedes goes live with in-vehicle biometric payments in Germany
- European Payments Initiative to launch pan-European digital wallet under Wero brand name
- Alaska Airlines leverages NFC to let passengers create a digital passport they can store on their smartphone
- Hyundai to launch contactless in-vehicle payments
- Czech Republic to roll out digital IDs compatible with EU Digital Identity Wallet