Australia is to become the second country after the US in which Visa Inc will roll out tokenization. The move follows news that three in five (60.4%) face-to-face Visa transactions in Australia are now contactless — compared to 14% in Canada and 21% in Singapore — and 53% of consumers are now interested in mobile payments. “2015 is posed to be the tipping point for mobile payments,” says Visa’s Stephen Karpin.
- Polish mobile payments service lets users make NFC payments direct from bank account
- Swiss mobile payments provider to roll out cross-border payments in 2022
- Japanese university trials face payments for users wearing a mask
- People’s Bank of China issues digital yuan trial progress report
- European Central Bank officially launches digital euro project
This article is more than six years old