The US and Canada accounted for 63% of a total 5.7m NFC-enabled Nintendo Amiibo figurines sold at the end of 2014, followed by Europe in second place with 23%, Japan with 11% and Australia with 3%. “The sell-through proportion of the total shipment is approximately 70% in each of Japan, US and Canada and Europe, while it reaches 90% in Australia,” Nintendo president Satoru Iwata revealed during the company’s third quarter financial results briefing.
- Smart lets teachers log in to interactive displays via NFC
- Hyundai to add support for Apple NFC car keys
- Chinese researchers create highly flexible NFC circuits using transparent film based on calligraphy paper
- SK uses NFC to guide CES visitors to a green future
- Brazilian football club Atlético Mineiro lets fans authenticate special edition jerseys with NFC
This article is more than six years old