Visa has launched Visa Mobile Location Confirmation, a service that works through a participating bank’s mobile banking app to determine whether a payment request is legitimate or not by matching a phone’s location to the location of a payment transaction. The technology used in the service has been developed by Finsphere and takes less than a millisecond to perform the matching process.
- China puts pressure on McDonald’s, Visa and Nike to accept digital yuan
- Schools in Scotland let students make contactless meal payments with their face
- Tesco opens its first checkout-free store in London
- Beijing offers public transport users discounts to encourage digital yuan fare payments
- Major banks, retailers and fintechs to support rollout of national QR payments and rewards system in Australia
This article is more than six years old