National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has published the first draft of a specification that will be used to introduce an electronic payments system that leverages both mobile payments and Aadhaar, India’s biometrics-based ID system. “This Unified Payment Interface document provides a payments architecture that is directly linked to achieving the goals of universal electronic payments, a less cash society and financial inclusion using the latest technology trends,” NPCI says.
- Paradies Lagardère expands mobile self-checkout to airport stores across the US and Canada
- Japanese banks gear up to test digital currency
- US grocery stores trial AI-powered self-checkout shopping carts
- Ikea introduces scan-and-go mobile checkout in Australia
- US region to get blockchain-powered local digital currency
This article is more than six years old