NJ Transit has expanded availability of its MyTix mobile ticketing app to interstate routes between New Jersey and New York City after launching in South Jersey last year. To use MyTix customers install the app and create an account before purchasing their monthly pass. “Customers then simply display the monthly pass on their mobile device to the bus operator when boarding the bus,” NJ Transit says.
- Denver adds support for Transit in-app ticketing
- Guangzhou Metro pilots facial recognition at ticket barriers
- Ankara adds NFC transit ticketing on buses, subways and local trains
- JR East introduces loyalty points for transit ticketing payments
- Detroit rolls out multi-operator transit ticketing app