More than 63% of US retailers have included payment security among their top three priorities for 2015 in a survey by Boston Retail Partners, with 650% more retailers planning to support EMV by October. “Recent data breaches at several top retailers, high-profile hacking, plus the looming October 2015 deadline shifting credit card liability back to the retailer for those not compliant with EMV policies seem to be likely causes,” the firm explains.
- UK Treasury and Bank of England launch CBDC taskforce to explore digital currency options
- Opera chooses Antelop to enable NFC digital card payments for Dify users
- Stats show regional variations in UK adoption of contactless and mobile payments during pandemic
- UK retailers explore facial analysis technology for customer age verification
- ECB survey reveals Europeans expect digital euro to be private, secure and easy to use
This article is more than six years old