The US Patent & Trademark Office has published three patent applications from Apple that relate to both Apple Pay and Touch ID biometric verification. Among the patents is one that includes a “schematic block diagram of an electronic system providing iCloud-based storage and exchange of enrollment finger biometric data,” Patently Apple reports, and one that sets out a way to use NFC or an alternative short range wireless communication technology to download enrolled finger biometric data.
- Samsung lets Galaxy foldable phone users customise their device using NFC
- Apple goes live with Tap to Pay on iPhone in Brazil
- National Payments Corporation of India launches NFC-enabled QR codes and contactless voice payments on UPI
- Apple rolls out iOS 17 with support for music, games and contact sharing via NFC
- Translink lets school students use digital IDs to prove their eligibility for concessionary fares
This article is more than eight years old