Apple Pay accounted for 1% of all US digital spend in November 2014 just a month after its launch, research from ITG has revealed. The top five Apple Pay retailers included Whole Foods Market with 20% of all transactions made using Apple Pay, Walgreens (19%), McDonald’s (11%), Panera Bread (6%) and Subway (3%).
- Coffee shop rolls out face-based payments in Romania
- Manchester bar to introduce finger vein biometrics for payments, age verification and Covid-19 contact tracing
- Three in four US consumers now prefer using contactless cards
- Citadele adds support for contactless payments rings
- Mercedes to secure in-car payments with biometrics
This article is more than five years old