Australia’s Suncorp Bank is to make NFC payments available to customers on select Android devices in 2015, Computerworld Australia reports. The bank also plans to support Apple Pay as soon as the mobile payments service becomes available in the country. “Over the past 12 months, consumer demand for NFC mobile technology from our customer base has increased significantly due to improve awareness and device availability,” Suncorp says.
- Aldi tests checkout-free technology at London store
- Apple adds rotating security codes for Apple Card in iOS 15
- Entrust acquires Antelop Solutions
- Two in three consumers worldwide say Covid-19 has permanently changed the way they pay
- Pax Technology partners with Dejamobile to let merchants accept contactless payments on NFC devices
This article is more than six years old