Westpac customers with an Apple iPhone, Samsung Galaxy S5 or Note 4 incorporating a fingerprint sensor will be able to use the technology to log into their mobile banking app from January 2015, the Australian bank has announced. “This is the next step in moving forward our already successful digital banking service Westpac Live which has been used by over 2.9m customers to manage their accounts on the move,” says the bank’s Jason Yetton.
- Utah to pilot NFC and QR code-enabled mobile driving licences
- Patent shows how Apple Pay could automatically select a card based on the user’s location
- Turkey mandates use of NFC identity checks for remote bank account opening
- Ypsomed leverages NFC to enable remote monitoring of insulin delivery compliance
- Visa reports 1bn extra contactless transactions in Europe since payment limit rises
This article is more than six years old