Alipay is making it possible for Chinese tourists to purchase transport passes for Singapore, Thailand and Macau ahead of travel and then collect them by scanning a barcode on their mobile phones at booths and kiosks at their destination. The Alipay Overseas Transportation Card service vends stored value smart cards that can be used to pay for bus rides, subway trips, taxis and other types of local and regional public transportation, Alizila explains.
- NFCW Expo online exhibition opens 21 September
- Delhi Transport Corporation trials contactless bus ticketing
- MTA completes Omny rollout in Manhattan
- Steamship Authority introduces NFC ticketing on Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard ferries
- Israel to roll out national mobile ticketing platform in Q4 2020?
- Bonn begins rollout of contactless NFC ticketing
This article is more than five years old