Global playing card producer Cartamundi is working with Holst Centre, an initiative set up by Belgian nanoelectronics research centre Imec and Dutch research institute TNO, to develop NFC tags that make use of metal-oxide (IGZO) thin-film transistor (TFT) technology on plastic film. The new tags are designed for embedding in products like game cards where there is a requirement for a solution that is both ultra-thin and flexible.
- Swedish sportswear brand adds NFC zippers to enhance customer engagement
- Liverpool Football Club rolls out NFC ticketing for all home games
- Digital passport for thoroughbred racehorses rolls out in UK and Ireland
- Researchers unveil fabric-friendly NFC sensors that track tags, everyday objects — and people
- Canadian restaurants use NFC to track reusable food containers
This article is more than six years old