US mobile payments volumes will grow from $52bn in 2014 to $142bn by 2019, according to a new forecast from Forrester. However, that number will be “just a drop in the ocean of total US consumer spending,” ComputerWorld reports, representing just 1% of the total US$16trillion consumer payments market.
- Japanese banks and card issuers join digital currency study group
- Axis Bank lets Indian merchants accept contactless payments on standard NFC phones
- South Korea to use QR track and trace apps to combat spread of Covid-19
- Samsung Money to go live in the US this summer
- Google pilots voice-based payments
This article is more than five years old