A number of cafes in Helsinki, Finland, are to begin testing a payments service developed by Uniqul that uses the geometric proportions of a customer’s face to verify their identity, Yle reports. The technology can be incorporated into existing cash registers, the startup says. “All the customer needs to do when purchasing something with this application is to press an OK button,” Uniqul CEO Oscar Tuutti explains.
- Report: EU antitrust investigators are examining Apple Pay
- EBA sets new Strong Customer Authentication deadline
- Samsung begins global rollout of mobile POS app that lets merchants accept payments on standard Android phones
- Facebook loses Libra cryptocurrency backers
- Royal Mint produces solid gold payment card