London’s highest viewing gallery is to deploy Bluetooth beacons 800 feet (243m) above the city at the top of its tallest building. Aruba will supply the The View at The Shard with BLE beacons and a software platform to deliver information about notable landmarks visible from the tourist attraction to visitors’ mobile devices.
- Samsung partners with American Express and Korea’s KB Kookmin to develop trackable payment cards
- Mercedes goes live with in-vehicle biometric payments in Germany
- European Payments Initiative to launch pan-European digital wallet under Wero brand name
- Alaska Airlines leverages NFC to let passengers create a digital passport they can store on their smartphone
- Hyundai to launch contactless in-vehicle payments