London’s highest viewing gallery is to deploy Bluetooth beacons 800 feet (243m) above the city at the top of its tallest building. Aruba will supply the The View at The Shard with BLE beacons and a software platform to deliver information about notable landmarks visible from the tourist attraction to visitors’ mobile devices.
- Chinese banks launch mobile wallets that let customers transact in digital yuan
- American Airlines launches mobile health passport for passengers travelling to the USA
- Mastercard unveils enhanced contactless payment specifications
- ST launches NFC Type 5 tags with Augmented NDEF for dynamically updated information exchange at longer ranges
- BNP Paribas to offer biometric payment cards to premier card customers
This article is more than six years old