Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD) has launched a virtual bank branch for Facebook, letting its online banking customers check balances, pay credit card bills, transfer money between accounts and track expenses from within the social network. Customers need to link their online banking profile to their Facebook account and verify the setup using a one-time password sent to their mobile device to use the service.
- MTA to expand Omny open loop ticketing to all New York bus services and subway stations
- Bank of America adds face recognition to mobile banking app
- GlobalPlatform reports secure element shipment numbers
- Google details its plan to offer free US bank accounts via Google Pay
- Germany passes law forcing Apple to open up Apple Pay