A teardown of the iPad Air 2 by iFixit has found that Apple has included an NXP 65V10 NFC module in the new tablet. The part is the same used to provide NFC functionality in the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus and its inclusion is a surprise as no mention of any NFC capability was made when the iPad Air 2 was announced last week.
- Canada begins testing national digital ID framework
- EU to report on its investigation into Apple Pay next week?
- NFC testing innovator Cilab opens NFCW Expo showcase
- STMicroelectronics opens NFCW Expo showcase
- Apple rolls out iOS 14 with support for NFC app clips
This article is more than five years old