Version 8.1 of iOS is now available for download, and brings with it the US consumer rollout of the Apple Pay mobile payments system. Apple Pay’s NFC payment capability is available to US-based owners of iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus handsets and can be used at 220,000 stores nationwide that accept contactless payments. Last week Apple revealed that 500 banks have now signed up to offer the service to their customers.
- Tappy demo shows how brands can add contactless payments to wearables
- Leaked images show how Apple Pay QR codes may look
- Visa files central bank digital currency ecosystem patent
- PayPal rolls out QR payments to 28 countries around the world
- Ghana switches on national instant QR mobile payments platform
This article is more than five years old