Mobile payment provider Dash is expanding to Chicago, adding 20 restaurants and bars in the city to its existing base of 50 locations in New York. Customers wanting to use the service tell their waiter or bartender on arrival and Dash then connects their tab to the venue’s POS system, “allowing the items you’ve ordered to appear in real-time on your phone”. They then use the app to pay their bill at the end of their visit by selecting a payment card they have pre-linked to the app.
- Polish mobile payments service lets users make NFC payments direct from bank account
- Swiss mobile payments provider to roll out cross-border payments in 2022
- Japanese university trials face payments for users wearing a mask
- People’s Bank of China issues digital yuan trial progress report
- European Central Bank officially launches digital euro project
This article is more than six years old