Upmarket UK department store chain John Lewis has invested £100,000 in Localz, a startup that uses Bluetooth beacons to improve the in-store shopping experience and has won the retailer’s first JLAB incubator program. The company will use the money to develop its technology “in conjunction with John Lewis” and to “launch live trials in store”.
- Japanese airline turns to mobile payments to boost revenues during Covid-19
- Ford lets commercial vehicle drivers process payments from their connected vehicle app
- Central Bank of Iceland rolls out instant payments platform
- Digital greeting cards giant Evite adds contactless gifting
- Snapper lets transportation users top up their travel card with their iPhone
This article is more than six years old