Upmarket UK department store chain John Lewis has invested £100,000 in Localz, a startup that uses Bluetooth beacons to improve the in-store shopping experience and has won the retailer’s first JLAB incubator program. The company will use the money to develop its technology “in conjunction with John Lewis” and to “launch live trials in store”.
- Oyster card users get weekly fare capping on London’s Tube and rail network
- Australia accredits Eftpos as its first private digital identity exchange
- Google lets US drivers use Assistant to pay for fuel with their voice
- Lloyds to let customers set own contactless transaction limit
- Emirates NBD records 34m contactless transactions during eight-week rewards programme
This article is more than seven years old