Mary Carol Harris, Visa Europe’s high profile director of mobile, has joined Apple Europe to work on Apple Pay. Harris has been involved in commercializing NFC mobile payments since 2006 when she led the team that launched the O2 Wallet NFC initiative in the UK — one of the world’s first NFC pilots — and has worked on NFC for Visa Europe since 2008.
- Coffee shop rolls out face-based payments in Romania
- Manchester bar to introduce finger vein biometrics for payments, age verification and Covid-19 contact tracing
- Three in four US consumers now prefer using contactless cards
- Citadele adds support for contactless payments rings
- Mercedes to secure in-car payments with biometrics
This article is more than five years old