UK-based supermarket giant Tesco is trialling a mobile payments service based on QR codes, Marketing Week reports. “The PayQwiq service is currently available at 16 of Tesco’s smaller Express stores in London, as well as at 26 of its Express, Metro and Superstore store formats in Edinburgh. It is currently only available to a small number of staff members as part of a trial, although there are plans to extend that to customers in October,” the article says.
- Visa reports on the impact of Covid-19 on payment volumes
- Qatar triples contactless transaction limit
- EBA recommends Europe-wide contactless transaction limit increase
- Table: Contactless payment transaction limit increases around the world
- Mastercard: 29 countries have now agreed to raise their contactless payment limit