EyeVerify has raised US$6m in Series A funding for a service that uses the camera in a mobile phone to secure access to mobile banking and other apps. The company’s Eyeprint Verification System captures and compares the pattern of blood vessels in the whites of the user’s eyes and is expected to be used “in financial services, enterprise mobility management, mobile security, telecoms, healthcare and government”.
- Researchers unveil system that enables users to feel touch at a distance
- ST to host NFC for IoT commissioning webinar
- Number of credit cards issued via digital platforms to top 320m globally by 2027
- Researchers develop secure vibration-based authentication for visually impaired users to unlock their mobile device
- More than half of payments made with First National Bank cards in South Africa are now contactless
This article is more than eight years old