EyeVerify has raised US$6m in Series A funding for a service that uses the camera in a mobile phone to secure access to mobile banking and other apps. The company’s Eyeprint Verification System captures and compares the pattern of blood vessels in the whites of the user’s eyes and is expected to be used “in financial services, enterprise mobility management, mobile security, telecoms, healthcare and government”.
- Big Issue vendors accept contactless payments directly on NFC smartphones in the UK
- Luxury brand uses RFID tags and QR codes to link perfumes to digital twins
- Lloyds Bank adds NFC passport scanning to mobile banking app
- Indian food delivery service promotes online ordering with an NFC coaster
- Škoda adds support for contactless in-vehicle fuel payments in six European countries