The number of UK contactless payments has risen 18% in just one month to almost 20 million transactions in May 2014, Visa Europe has revealed. “Growth in Visa contactless payments is accelerating at a phenomenal pace,” says Mark Austin, director of contactless at Visa Europe.
- Schools in Scotland let students make contactless meal payments with their face
- Tesco opens its first checkout-free store in London
- Beijing offers public transport users discounts to encourage digital yuan fare payments
- Major banks, retailers and fintechs to support rollout of national QR payments and rewards system in Australia
- Circle K adds checkout-free shopping at US convenience stores
This article is more than seven years old