Video game retailer GameStop is deploying Shelfbucks beacons in test markets including Austin and College Station, Texas this month to deliver offers and relevant data to a shopper’s smartphone running a mobile app developed by BestFit Mobile. “We can deliver personalisation at a much higher level, ensuring customers always have access to relevant product offers, including product ratings and reviews, when and where it matters to them most,” says GameStop’s Charlie Larkin.
- Visa reports rapid growth in contactless fare payments worldwide
- Nearly half of UK consumers now make mobile payments every week
- Global digital ticketing transaction values to hit US$1.4tn in 2027
- European Central Bank to test prototype digital euro payment solutions across key use cases
- Consortium proposes European Digital Identity Wallet payments pilot
This article is more than eight years old