Vodafone Italia is working with high-end Italian food market chain Eataly on a pilot project that lets 2,500 staff tap their NFC phone or scan a QR code on a smart poster to order and pay for groceries that are then delivered to their home or office. The posters come in a range of sizes and can be applied to various surfaces, enabling them to be placed in a wide range of locations, the partners say.
- Cambridge Consultants combines NFC and machine vision for next generation interactive bar
- American Airlines includes NFC passport reading in mobile app
- Sheep Inc uses NFC tags to let sweater buyers trace their purchase back to the original fleece
- Merivale to let Sydney diners tap table tags to order food and drinks
- Researchers use NFC to power epidermal VR feedback patch