An Amazon Card Reader will be available from next month costing US$9.99, according to internal documents from office supplies retailer Staples obtained by 9to5Mac. The new product will be located “alongside existing card readers from Square, PayPal, and Staples’ own in-house brand”, the documents show. The Wall Street Journal first revealed in February that Amazon planned to introduce a Kindle Checkout solution this summer.
- Pax Technology partners with Dejamobile to let merchants accept contactless payments on NFC devices
- Survey: ‘Growing number’ of Europeans support creation of national digital currencies independently of EU
- Google Pay to go live in Israel this year?
- Nearly two-thirds of UK consumers would now prefer to make card payments from a mobile wallet
- DBS Bank lets Singapore customers self-manage card security options in real time
This article is more than seven years old