US retail chain Target has launched an image recognition app that lets customers buy items from magazine adverts, catalogs and other media showing the retailer’s ‘In a Snap’ icon. Shoppers hold their phone over a product to capture its image and are then presented with product information and the ability to add the item to their cart and buy it from Target.
- Sofia rolls out single journey QR mobile tickets across public transportation network
- Mobile wallet transaction volumes overtake cash payments in stores
- National QR payments and rewards system to be launched in Australia
- Huawei Pay goes live in Pakistan
- Tencent and Ant to integrate digital yuan wallets into mobile banking apps
This article is more than six years old